I do a great inspection, typically I will spend 3 to 4 hours inspecting the house, taking notes and pictures and answering your questions. After the inspection my clients usually will know the house better than it’s owners, your questions have been answered, any issues that came up have been addressed and you probably know if you are ready to close the deal, . I go back to the office and put together an excellent report, include any needed research and deliver it that night or within 24 hours.
You will not find a better home inspection or home inspection report. You will find some that will do it quicker. Good work takes time, I strive to provide the best inspection and report every time. I come with a lot of experience having worked over 30 years in all aspects of the building trades. My inspection fees are very close if not exact to what other inspectors charge but the value you get from my inspection and report far exceeds that of many of my competitors. Compare our work and see for yourself.
I know quite a few inspectors who regularly do 2 or 3 one to two hour inspections a day, handing out a checklist after each inspection.
Most inspectors do not even provide a sample report for comparison.
My Home Inspection Report
I take notes and pictures and answer your questions at the inspection site. This usually requires at least a couple of hours or more. Then back at the office I spend a few additional hours putting together a great inspection report. Then I email you a link to view the report online, you can save and download it as a PDF file and print a copies if needed. The report is interactive with informational hyper links included for additional information. It will contain digital photos detailing and defects or maintenance issues. The report is editable if I need to add addendum or make new versions if re-inspection is required. The link to the online report is active for at least 1 year from time of inspection.
The home inspection report you receive describes each of the major systems of the home, including:
- Insulation and ventilation
The report addresses the condition of each of these systems. Any recommended repairs, replacements or improvements are clearly documented. The report also includes a summary of significant issues for quick reference.
The summary is often the most important part of the report for people making their purchase decision. Once you’ve moved into your home, you’ll likely find more detail is required, and that’s when the body of the report becomes most useful.
For those requiring still further explanation, the reference material in the report provides additional insight.
Home safety tips
The report will provide you with a number of home safety tips, addressing everything from smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to overhead garage door openers.
Home maintenance tips
The home is a very significant investment for most people. Good preventative maintenance is a great way to protect your investment. Our home inspection reports include a maintenance section to help make sure that your home continues to be safe, comfortable, and efficient.
Click here to download my Sample Home Inspection Reports
Professional detailed inspection takes time. To put the above into perspective the smallest size house would usually include at least a 650 point inspection, taking about 2 to 3 hours. An average inspection of a 1500 sq. ft. home would range from a 800 to 1200 point inspection and takes about 3 1/2 to 4-1/2 hours including extra time for questions and answers with client. A larger home, especially it it older that may include out buildings could take up to 5 hours or more.
The Custom Narrative Home Inspection Report:
- See my sample home inspection reports.
- IS NOT a check list and IS NOT hand written.
- IS NOT quickly filled out while supposedly doing the inspection.
- The report is usually delivered the same day and no more than 24 hours after the inspection.
- Is carefully written, edited and reviewed at the office.
- On average it take about as long to write the report as it does to inspect the house, 3-4 hours.
- Custom Narrative Home Inspection Report will average about 45 pages.
- A private download link delivered by email withing 24 hours of the inspection.
- Download link is active for 1 year, may be shared with anyone you choose.
- Report can be viewed online, mobile device or desktop and saved or printed as a PDF document.
- The report has an interactive table of contents for ease of navigation.
- The report contains hyperlinks that connect to additional detailed information if desired.
- The report contains the following tabbed report sections: Summary, Roofing, Exterior, Structure, Electrical, Heating, Cooling, Insulation, Plumbing, Interior and a Reference section.
- Additional tabbed sections that may be included if needed are: Radon, Well, Septic, Mold, Appendix and others as needed.
- The Summary outlines potentially significant issues from a cost or safety standpoint.
- The report includes detailed maintenance recommendations specific to your home.
- The report includes Potential Safety Hazards.
- The report includes energy improvement recommendations.
- The report includes the age of major components and indication if they are approaching their life expectancy or may require replacement or repair at any time in the next 5 years
- The report includes a current estimation of costs for 37 of the common remodeling and repair jobs.
- The report includes a Pre-Closing Checklist.
- A Final Walk Through Checklist.